POINT TO PONDER

If you don't like this blog, just forget it & leave.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Moo Experience!

Assalammualaikum everyone!

Today I just want to share with you my ruminant practical experiences which I've done it last year in Khon Kaen University, Thailand. For sure I'll not dragging you for a loooooonnngg post! Pictures do speak louder than words. Hope you guys enjoy it! =)
 

 When you're talking attending field cases, we do need transports to go there in time. Therefore, we've ridden in this cool modified truck to fit my friends & I in it!

 This is how it looks on the outside...

 this is how it looks on the inside! Cool right?

 It's going to be quite a bumpy ride but we've made it through safe & sound. No airconds needed for we've had cool winds blowing through the truck. The weather during that time was okay but I love it! Reaching to the destination, our eyes were amazed by the beautiful scenery right in front of us. Cute Friesian cows were all ready to be milked in their parlour & some of them were just chillax-ing in near the hay shed.

 Cute Friesian cows

Part of the beautiul scenery in the farm

 Most of the week, my friends & I were assigned together with the KKU vet students to work on the dairy farming system, to educate the small holders on proper milking management, prevention towards mastitis, & help them to improve milk productivity. It's some sort of ruminant production + population medicine class with a lot of hands on though there were some language barrier faced during that time. Along with that, we've also done hoof trimming in cows, & saw a freemartin cow! =D

This beautiful cow having lameness due to overgrown hooves

On your right is the finished product, whereas on the left is how overgrown hoof looks like
 A freemartin cow with rather muscular bull-like appearance, small vulva with enlarged clitoris
That's all for now I guess. Toodles!

No comments: